Re: [ARSCLIST] Inkjet & thermal CD printing

In a message dated 1/30/2006 10:59:41 AM Eastern Standard Time,
Elinor_Maze@xxxxxxxxxx writes:
Does printing CD-Rs with an inkjet printer (eg., Epson Stylus R220 or R800)
or a thermal printer (eg., TEAC P-11) compromise the archival longevity of the
discs?  Is printing discs in one of these ways preferable to using adhesive
labels, if there is a compelling need to label?

Elinor Mazé
***********

I've found that the Avery adhesive labels on DVDs increase the thickness of
the discs enough to interfere (rub) in some DVD players. Since audio CDs may be
played on the same DVD players, this would seem to exclude the use of
adhesive labels.

I have been labeling discs only in the clear hub area if they are for
archiving. I haven't had any problems with writing on the labeling surface for access
discs.

I would like some advise on Inkjet or thermal printing before investing in a
printer and special discs (if needed).

Mike Csontos