Re: [ARSCLIST] CD writing speed

----- Original Message -----
From: "Don Cox" <doncox@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
> I think it should be stored in both forms. If your data disk develops a
> fault, the computer will probably refuse to deliver the whole file or
> even anything at all. But assuming it is faulty, you will
> get a bit-accurate copy.

Is there a way to copy a damaged file "as is" to your HD? If the contents
are a program, of course, it will be useless if damaged...but for text
files and some types of program files, any data not containing the faulty
bits will be useful. I've often tried to get useful data from bad floppies
by running SCANDISK...it provides the original data minus the faulty
sector(s) and saves the damaged data using generic filenames (which may
or may not contain anything useful).

Can this be done with "unreadable" data CD_R's?