Re: [ARSCLIST] CD Longevity

Jos Van Dyck wrote:

Audio CDR media by nature have to be 1x compatible.

There are fora in which such imprecise terms as "Audio CDR media" cannot be suppressed, but I hope that we can here. The term "Digital Audio" is also unfortunate, but it is the proper one for the discs which are designed for standalone recorders; it is they which must be compatible with 1x writing since those machines are usually used as real-time recorders.

Note that another popular term, "Music Disc" is imprecise as well. There is no constraint on a company labelling its product 'music disc' or 'audio disc' or 'gold disc' or what it will - except where the term is controlled as is "Digital Audio".

Mike
--
mrichter@xxxxxxx
http://www.mrichter.com/