Re: [ARSCLIST] Text puzzle

Steven Smolian wrote:
I'm working on getting the identifications in the new Raucheisen Membran 66 I have a text which sound CD box more accurate.

I have a song listed under Schubert which seems to begin, "Lied, o endlich", titled, "Das Maedchen", poet unknown, sung by Tiana Lemnitz, Disc 36 no. 8. I don't recognize the song and can find no reference to the text. It could be "Lieb'," but I doubt it.

Any help would be appreciated.

Steve Smolian

It may be better to pursue this off-list and to collect the problem items given the awkwardness of the references. For example, I searched Grove's D listing (hey, not quite a thousand songs to review) and found no incipit beginning "Lied" or "Lieb'". (There is a "Liebe", but it's not a candidate.) I also scanned titles for Das Maedchen and checked the much more comfortable listing on the DFD sets with similar lack of success. (For those unfamiliar with the Deutsch listing: it's chronologic.)

If we have others which are so elusive, the solution may be to have you send me modest MP3s which I can post on a WWW site I have available for whatever identification a collection of knowlegable contacts may provide. We may even want to turn to Lieder-L.

(Did you notice how glibly I switched on "we" when you are doing the work?)

Mike
--
mrichter@xxxxxxx
http://www.mrichter.com/