Re: [ARSCLIST] Text puzzle

Call off the researchers.  It is, indeed, "Das Maedchen," D. 652, indexed under "Das" in Deutsch II.  And it begins, "Wie so innig"  So much for my catching the words.

Steve Smolian
  ----- Original Message -----
  From: Steven Smolian
  To: ARSC ; MLA
  Sent: Thursday, January 19, 2006 10:26 PM
  Subject: Text puzzle

  I'm working on getting the identifications in the new Raucheisen Membran 66 I have a text which sound CD box more accurate.

  I have a song listed under Schubert which seems to begin, "Lied, o endlich", titled, "Das Maedchen", poet unknown, sung by Tiana Lemnitz, Disc 36 no. 8.  I don't recognize the song and can find no reference to the text.  It could be "Lieb'," but I doubt it.

  Any help would be appreciated.

  Steve Smolian