Re: [ARSCLIST] Columbia 7" 33-1/3 discs

In a message dated 1/19/2006 7:26:22 PM Eastern Standard Time,
smolians@xxxxxxxxx writes:

Any idea why these were pressed up in this way?  Were the commercial issues
also pressed in a 10" press and trimmed?

Steve Smolian

It makes sense that the masters would be cut on 10" mastering blanks
(10-7/8") and a test pressing made from a that format, with the stampers trimmed for
the production presses if the issue was released.

Of course if this was some sort of special, anything is possible. The only 7"
33-1/3 ZLP matrix disc I have is on an Epic label. Most of my Columbia 7"
pressings are ZTV or ZCTV or numeric 1-, 2-, 3-, etc.

Mike Csontos