Re: [ARSCLIST] Memorex CDs

On Fri, 13 Jan 2006, Claus Trelby wrote:

> I don’t know Mr. Gereche from the MSN/Yahoo article, but I’ll assume he
> believes what he is quoted to say. It also seems obvious he is close to the
> tape storage business and he would probably not work on this technology
> unless he believed it had value. I am sorry to have introduced yesterday’s
> news today.

Actually, I appreciate being informed of any related articles. For me, it
is interesting to read differing opinions. I also find it fascinating as
to what perspectives make it to the major media outlets.

> Karl, I’m not sure if you got what you wanted from your post,

Every posting has given me information which I value. My main interest was
an attempt to ascertain if the announced claims of the product were made
without outside testing and if anyone had any experience with the product.

It seems to me that with the proliferation of unique recordings, done by
families...everything from video and audio to their family pictures, that
the public might be ripe for marketing based upon longevity. I wonder if
this is not the thinking of Memorex. I also wonder (my being skeptical by
nature) if there might not be a relationship between articles about the
fading photographs and unplayable CDs and the Memorex products.

Maybe one day we can get to a point where media longevity could reach the
point where it could be under as much scrutiny and have as much exposure
as the "crash test dummies."

Karl