Re: [ARSCLIST] CDR /DVD R Burners

Mwcpc6@xxxxxxx wrote:

From a web search, this model is either out of stock or only a few left.
Does this mean that it is already obsolete?!

It seems nowadays that by the time enough of a product is in use to establish a good reputation, it is no longer available.

Just so. That is also why we have no quantitative data on expected life of modern media: by the time meaningful tests are complete, the product has been replaced on the market.

I suggest that it is also a reason that a company's fall from grace in its product quality is so painful. That is, one comes to trust a manufacturer based on its history in a field. When an older product is 'upgraded', one expects properties to persist. If they do not, one is likely already to have bought the new, improved and non-functional product and to feel cheated.

Those are among the negatives in the ever-increasing rate of 'progress'.

Mike
--
mrichter@xxxxxxx
http://www.mrichter.com/