Re: [ARSCLIST] Pirated Mengelberg 78s

----- Original Message -----
From: "Roger and Allison Kulp" <thorenstd124@xxxxxxxxx>
To: <ARSCLIST@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Monday, January 02, 2006 9:32 AM
Subject: Re: [ARSCLIST] Pirated Mengelberg 78s

> Interesting.I think I read somewhere "HIT"  was  one of  Obie's first
label.Did he put out those paper  "Hit of the Week" records too?Did he haany
connection to the later  "HIT" label of the 60s ? Roger

1) No. There was no connection between "Hit Of The Week" (which was
put out by the Durium Company, "Durium" being their name for the
plastic that made paperboard records technically possible) and
"Hit" (which was a label put out 1941-45 by Eli Oberstein, as a
successor to his Elite label...itself a successor to Varsity...
Hit later was acquired by Majestic radios, and changed its
name to Majestic, and the whole operation expired in 1947.

2) As far as any Hit LP's from the sixties, I tend to doubt
any relation, but I don't have the facts at hand!