Re: [ARSCLIST] Plus Deck

On Tue, 27 Dec 2005 stevenc@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx wrote:

> 100 - reserved for some future technology which can
> record the brain signals of an event attendeee and
> then transmit those to the brain of a listener, so
> the "listener" actually experiences the event and
> can mentally edit out any sonic discrepancies, just
> as he/she/it would do in the venue...

You raise a notion which I find to be quite curious. I find it interesting
how we can mentally edit a recording when we know the music. It seems that
critics are less critical of sound quality when it comes to historic
recordings of standard repertoire than those of less familiar repertoire.
I wonder if knowledge of the music makes it easier to listen beyond the
limitations of the recording when one knows the repertoire.

Karl