Re: [ARSCLIST] Telefunken & DGG

----- Original Message -----
From: "David Lennick" <dlennick@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
> Earl Mathewson, a now-deceased Toronto collector, had a number of Nazi-era
discs
> that I borrowed and taped (for research..also for use on an Intersound CD
titled
> "Never Again"). One was a twelve-inch brown-label Grammophon pressing
containing
> a speech by one of the Nazi biggies (Goering or Goebbels, don't have the
tape
> handy to check), cut center-start, and the flip side was Schubert's Marche
> Militaire (might have been Melichar conducting..definitely late 1920s
copyright
> date).

I have (or had) several Telefunken discs I have assumed were from the
thirties.
The lowest-numbered one, and thus earliest, is a hot version of "Orient-
Express"...and one of the higher-numbered ones is a pop tune, but with
a distinct "military march" feel to it. I can't provide discog data
until I dig them out (and that assumes they are among the sorted boxes!)...