Re: [ARSCLIST] Other memorable record stores

----- Original Message -----
From: "Roger and Allison Kulp" <thorenstd124@xxxxxxxxx>
> I agree totally,but I will add the late 80s  pressings of the pre-"Pepper"
US Beatle Lps,are some of the scarcest  ones around.(The originals being
amoung the most common.) ,especially  the 1988 purple labels.They were
replaced,by the UK versions,don't you  see.I do think we've seen the last of
dumping dad's,or grandpa's  records,at the thrift stores.This was,how I put
together,a collection  of thousands of good classical 78s,and Lps,in the
80s,and 90s.Including  rare Martzy,Devy Erlih,etc. .Remember,the people, who
put on estate  sales do this for a living,they are not going to let anything
get by  them.You will find beter deals,on eBay,if you look.

This is true of classical 78's (which were often cherished and
well cared for, and as well are usually ignored by general-public
buyers) but it has been years since I have seen any interesting
popular 78's at yard sales or thrift stores (I know there are
occasionally forties/fifties 78's, but I said "interesting!"...

I wonder where they go?!

...stevenc
http://users.interlinks.net/stevenc/