Re: [ARSCLIST] Goon Show Transcriptions

Further info: Transcription Service took its own feed from the studio where the
Goon Show was recorded, took a copy of the script and edited its own version,
which could differ little or much from what the BBC ran domestically. If the
domestic version wasn't preserved, sometimes the Transcription Service version
was the only one to survive.

I've also seen The Goon Show on ten-inch! Why they would try that format is
beyond me, but the "Vintage Goons" series was put out on ten-inch microgroove
pressings when they went to microgroove, fifteen minutes a side (which I guess
corresponded to the original 16" coarse groove pressings).

I was unaware that more CDs had been issued..wonder if they'll do another sale
price when they reach 30?

dl