[ARSCLIST] LP storage etc. - then trombones and so on

  Late again. In reply to Phillip's and David's messages of the 5th about
trombones, especially the CSO's, I can say about David's message that being so
close to them does hurt players' ears. I remember when a CSO 'cellist friend
came here one evening in the late 1980s after an Abbado CBS Tchaikovsky recording
session at Orchestra Hall. He set down his 'cello and said "look at my ears!"
They were scarlet. Still, from some time ago. He said "we can't stand it." He
also said that that was why a lot of CSO string players wear earplugs. Not
good for intonation when one can't hear one's self or anyone else....

  Probably too much to reveal.

  Don Tait