Re: [ARSCLIST] Other memorable record stores

----- Original Message -----
From: "Jeffrey Kane" <jeffkane@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
> What huge record emporia? Tower is bankrupt, Virgin has been closing
> underperforming stores, and the world has moved to downloading content and
> ordering from Amazon. So there's that, and Sam Goody.  Used record stores
> aren't what they used to be either because their best stuff gets put up on
> Ebay. Are we better off? Yes and no. I now have access to music I'd never
> have considering my South Texas locale. Yet, it costs much more than it
> would've had I sought it out on my own.

The problem is, for those of us like myself who prefer music on shellac
(i.e. 78's) the records are getting harder to find...thrift stores very
rarely have any 78's, and it seems like most used record outlets prefer
to sell 45's and LP's to rock ('n'roll) collectors. OTOH, most of the
78's I've acquired recently have been given (or all but given) to me
because there isn't anyone buying them...

...stevenc
http://users.interlinks.net/stevenc/