From: "Lou Judson" <inaudio@xxxxxxxxxxx>
To: <ARSCLIST@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Friday, December 09, 2005 2:06 PM
Subject: [ARSCLIST] electronic reading of physical media, was: Preservation
policy question

This is great food for future-thinking - does anyone think it will
eventually become possible to make an image scan of a disc and have the
computer read it, in the way a scanner and OCR can turn documents into
type or ASCII code? And eventually magnetic tape might be read, the way
we used to use chemicals to make magnetic patterns visible? I would
think it was easily possible given advanced anough computers and
software...

After all, I invented (in my imagination only!) memory chip delivery of
music when I was 14 in the 60s... now look at us... if only I'd had the
skills to manifest it then!

Fantasy becomes reality someday...

<L>

Lou Judson • Intuitive Audio