Re: [ARSCLIST] unknown Victor pressing location

At 11:25 PM 11/18/2005, you wrote:

----- Original Message -----
From: "George Brock-Nannestad" <pattac@xxxxxxxx>
> I am presently having a small discussion with a German collector over a
> particular Victor pressing that I have, but due to the relative scarcity
of
> this type, I have nothing to compare it to, except - for good quality of
> reproduction - ARLIE (Kurt Nauck). It is a question of label style and
where
> the pressing was made.
>
> The record says it is:
>
>                   VICTOR MONARCH RECORD.
>  - the usual blurb about "This record is leased for the purpose...." -
>
> MANUFACTURED      (HOLE)    ELDRIDGE R. JOHNSON,
>   EXCLUSIVELY BY                        CAMDEN, N J.
>
>                          Jolly Fellow's Waltz
>                                Played by
>                           SOUSA'S BAND
>                                    3246
>
> On the reverse it says REPRODUCED IN HANOVER !!

I have an example in my label collection as well. It is 3441 SOUSA'S BAND Polka "Rose Buds"

It doesn't appear in ARLIE, as it is a variation that was not used in the US, to my knowledge.

Font style for the entire label differs from US issues; furthermore, the 3441 in the runout area is written in a European hand (the 1 appears as an acute angle pointing up).

This is the only example (to my recollection) that I have seen.

Kurt & Diane Nauck

c/o Nauck's Vintage Records
22004 Sherrod Ln.
Spring, TX  77389