Re: [ARSCLIST] European hubs

RIchard,

Studer-Revox and Otari used to sell them. Filmco in Newmarket, ON, (just north of me) used to have some of the 10.5" S-R plates with adapters. I don't know if he sold them all.

There is a company in Germany that sells (sold?) inexpensive plastic adapters with a cine center (7-inch-reel) and a DIN outer. The second part of the molded set had a DIN inside and an NAB outside. Name is Darklab

http://www.darklab-magnetics.de/Tapes/Zubehoer_03.htm

They call this IEC->AEG and AEG->NAB
Could also be Cine->DIN and DIN->NAB

I have one set--not sure if it's current production, but I'm not sure it would last daily use in a broadcast facility.

Also the 30cm diameter may be an issue with many tape machines. For example, they'll fit a Studer A810 and an A807 MK II but not an A807 (MK I). I don't know if they'll fit any Ampexes other than the ATR-100. They will fit on a Sony APR-5000 (which takes 12.5" reels).

Cheers,

Richard