Re: [ARSCLIST] European hubs

Of course there's always the primitive method we probably all used at one time,
namely putting the pancake on a turntable near the tape deck and carefully
spooling it onto a takeup reel....a moderate controlled fast forward with one
hand holding the supply tape down to prevent spilling and keep tension.

A producer I worked with at the CBC, who'd been a tonmeister in Germany, said
it was considered a rite of passage to salvage a tape whose centre had fallen
out. Which reminds me....if it was a tape I was planning to re-use without
playing or transferring, all I'd do would be knock out the hub and enough
layers of tape to allow me to insert a standard North American hub.

Those European hubs make great bottle openers, don't they?

dl