Re: [ARSCLIST] Cat-astrophy, was [ARSCLIST] Disaster recovery- LPs

Dan Kj- wrote:

> I once had the 'luck' to get a badly cat-a-tized collection for free.  Much
> of it had to be tossed just because of the smell,
> and many of the records were destroyed by the urine as it sat for a while;
> the surface in those spots was virtually disintegrated!

Sounds like a suitable study subject for an ARSC grant. On the other hand, maybe
we've also just discovered the solution to non-biodegradability of plastics.

A stash of BBC transcription discs (12") I picked up at the Toronto Record Show
the other day must have been in the possession of someone with felines..my cat's
been checking the pile regularly. No comments about cathouses, please.

dl