From: Steven Smolian <smolians@xxxxxxxxx>
To: ARSCLIST@xxxxxxxxxxxx
Sent: Fri, 7 Oct 2005 10:11:43 -0400
Subject: Re: [ARSCLIST] 78's and PD, was Curatorial Responsibility, formerly Copyright of treasures

The CLIR- Council for Library and Information Resources has just published a study on this very issue, framed by Tim Brooks and scut-worked by the undersigned. I have a published copy and assume it is posted on their site.

It's pretty scary, and will be followed by one on copyright law.

They are a look at the facts and numbers as they are, not as any side wishes them to be.

http://www.clir.org/pubs/abstract/pub133abst.html

Steve Smolian

----- Original Message ----- From: "Tom Fine" <tflists@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>