Re: [ARSCLIST] Copyright of treasures

Richard, if you did not record that section, how did you give him an audition copy? Hmm?

<L>

Lou Judson • Intuitive Audio
415-883-2689

On Oct 6, 2005, at 8:52 AM, Richard L. Hess wrote:

WKV: There was nothing in my contract about a recording, I refuse to be recorded with this orchestra
Me: OK, Sir, and I didn't roll tape through that section.

I certainly didn't want to get on the bad side of the last letter in top violinists at the time.

Another instance of the same gig, the soloist requests an audition copy of his performance prior to my releasing copies for orchestra members or broadcasting. His nicely worded reply came back, "I am unhappy with parts of my performance and I request that this not be distributed." I think I still have this master and am conflicted whether I should donate it to an archive with the note or just not deliver that section.