Re: [ARSCLIST] Storage of audio CDs

On Sat, 1 Oct 2005, Steven C. Barr wrote:

> Except that corporations, especially digitally-based corporations,
> often have lifespans considerably shorter than we would desire for
> data availability!

To which I will add...corporations that make proprietary software which
someone might use for storage and/or retrieval.

And, on a related note. I guess I must not be keeping up with things much
lately...but yesterday a friend of mine was asking about recommendations
on which DAT machine to buy to replace his...I was rather surprised to see
that the format seems to be disappearing quickly.

Perhaps someone on the list has some information on this...are DAT
machines about to go the way of the 8-track cartridge?

Karl