Re: [ARSCLIST] Any feedback on the status of Hogan Archive at Tulane University (in New Orleans)

on 9/1/05 12:00 PM US/Central, Jon Noring at jon@xxxxxxxxxxx wrote:

> Further down the blog author, Terry Teachout, writes:
>
> "A question to anyone in the New Orleans area who is familiar with the
> situation on the ground: is anything known about the condition of the Hogan
> Archive at Tulane University? This is one of the most important collections of
> primary-source jazz documentation in the world, and I'm starting to get
> questions about it from scholars. Has it survived the flood, and if so, in
> what condition?"

There is a report on page B-1 of today's Times-Picayune that

"Much of Tulane's Uptown campus was flooded after Hurricane Katrina,
including the basement of Howard-Tilton Memorial Library, where a jazz music
archive is stored."

If this is true, then this collection was moved recently to the basement,
and this would be a very bad situation.

I hope this report is not correct.

---
Parker Dinkins