Re: [ARSCLIST] Plangent Processes and speed correction

Steve,

Plangent Processes and Antares are two different animals. One looks
at non-program artifacts in the source, the other looks at program.

Plangent has some impressive demonstrations - they can almost totally
remove dubber flutter. I think I heard things at the ARSC conference
that did not come off magnetic media, and Jamie talked about looking
for and locking onto a wide range of "timebase"-type signals in a recording.

Sure you want to own it, but Jamie needs to recoup a sizeable
investment. Look at the prices of the Algorithmix pro plugins and the
Cedar processes. I can tell you that the incremental difference on
noise reduction between the mid-range Algorithmix Sound Laundry and
the Pro is about the price ratio.

My band organ client was blown away with the new noise reduction (he
likes to hear the music, not the machine).

Anyway, if you lock onto the music, doesn't that destroy the music
unless there is a low-pass filter?

Cheers,

Richard