[ARSCLIST] Plangent Processes and speed correction

Jamie asked me to post this as he's not a member of the ARSC list.

I am not affiliated with the product and I apologize for the mention
of  a price.

Just  thought I'd jump in for a moment:
The Plangent process is good at handling exactly this type of issue. A great
example a famous rock anthem from the 70s, 8 minutes long, which runs about
35 cents flat over its length due to its having been mixed on a non-servo
recorder. And servo recorders have their own problems when the feedback loop
resonates and puts a chatter into the tape at a fixed frequency thereby
creating IM. The process can handle both, and does so deterministically
rather than the way Antares Auto-tune and the CEDAR defluttering approach
the problem with attempts to analyze the program material to determine what
is vibrato and what is wow.  WQhich is dicey.

As for quoting prices, this is a non-commercial site, so I would ask that
anyone curious about the tariff would contact us, rather than bat about a
figure that may or may not be correct.

Thanks to Richard for having mentioned us, and I would be happy to discuss
the technique here if any interest exists. But I would ask that the
discussion here be non-commercial, lest anyone's nose get out of joint, or
come away with a fixed impression about our business model.

Thanks,

Jamie Howarth
President Plangent Processes
Www.plangentprocesses.com