Re: [ARSCLIST] AV to DV - PC or Mac?--A list.

On Jun 18, 2005, at 7:16, RA Friedman wrote:

PC
Hardware: Generic and relatively cheap.   The 2.8 Mhz Dell Dimension
I'm using was $600.

Mac:
Proprietary and expensive. The cheapest G5 is $1800....

PC:
Standardization of design/configuration/installs:
Poor. May be hard to impossible to root out problems/ conflicts
with hardware and software.  Costly in time and money.

Mac:
Standardization is excellent. Possibly biggest selling point. Easy to
support.

PC:
Viruses: Often

Mac:
Viruses: Very rare

macs may seem more expensive but when you compare features and quality, the difference is negligible. (firewire, excellent support, ....) then with the lack of need for extensive IT support they become a lot less expensive. (design/configuration/installs, viruses)

PC
Standard GUI.

Mac
Takes getting used to. Inability to right-click very annoying to some
(me).

you can right click (or control click) bad myth foisted by the unknowing.

PC
Software choices: Many options.

Mac:
More limited.

and the software issue is not as great as some would say. especially when you have to deal with cheap freeware / shareware design/configuration/installs.

People I can call when my PC is acting up:
Many.

Mac:
Don't know any.

(don't own a mac/don't have problems?)