Re: [ARSCLIST] AV to DV - PC or Mac?--A list.

I've been using a PC with Adobe Premiere and an outboard digitizer with excellent results.
Here's how I see it.

PC
Functionality and Stability: Excellent

Mac
Functionality and Stability: Excellent

PC
Aesthetic appeal/sentimental attachment: None. PCs are not pretty.

Mac
Aesthetic appeal/sentimental attachment: Often strong.

PC
Hardware: Generic and relatively cheap.   The 2.8 Mhz Dell Dimension I'm using was $600.

Mac:
Proprietary and expensive. The cheapest G5 is $1800.

PC
Standard GUI.

Mac
Takes getting used to. Inability to right-click very annoying to some (me).

PC
Software choices: Many options.

Mac:
More limited.

PC:
Standardization of design/configuration/installs:
Poor. May be hard to impossible to root out problems/ conflicts
with hardware and software.  Costly in time and money.

Mac:
Standardization is excellent. Possibly biggest selling point. Easy to support.

PC:
Viruses: Often

Mac:
Viruses: Very rare

People I can call when my PC is acting up:
Many.

Mac:
Don't know any.

Yahoo! Sports