Re: [ARSCLIST] Restoration Software

I never normally chip in - just lurk - because I don't really do restoration but I do use the Waves stuff daily, including the restoration bundle. My application is doing post on classical location recordings. I frequently mic with Omnis (which come with the baggage of recording the most room/ambient noise) and I find the waves denoiser outstanding. It's important to choose your fingerprint (sample) carefully and then monitor the difference signal. I also frequently automate some of the parameters (primarily threshold) so that the process intensity changes dynamically with the program material. When used in this manner, the artifacts are minimal and the benefits considerable. Just my $.02

Scott Loiselle