Re: [ARSCLIST] Aries Records & Pseudonyms

Eric Goldberg wrote:

Can anyone supply a list of the correct artists whose recordings were
issued on Aries LPs?

At the moment I am most interested in the Khachaturian Symphony No. 1
attributed to the Palermo Symphony and Errmanno Berladini.

I also need the info for the Havergal Brian Symphonies.

Thank you

Eric Goldberg

I'm sure that the Havergal Brian site probably has this info (and may
even be where I found it once upon a time), but here is what I have
written on my LPs:

ARIES LP 1603

Symphony no. 8 - Royal Philharmonic Orch., Myer Fredman (1971)
Symphony no. 14 - London Symphony Orch., Edward Downes (Jan. 14, 1969)

ARIES LP 1607

Violin Concerto - Ralph Holmes, New Philharmonia Orchestra, Stanley Pope
(1969)
Symphony no. 28 - New Philharmonia Orchestra, Leopold Stokowski (173)

ARIES LP 1629

Symphony no. 5 - New Philharmonia Orchestra, Stanley Pope (1976 -
Alexandra Palace)
Symphony no. 25 - B.B.C. Scottish Symphony Orchestra, John Canarina (1976)

I probably have a couple of other ARIES LPs floating around, but I'm not
sure exactly what they might be. If you sent me the names of the pieces
recorded, I could probably figure out if  I have the records, given the
way I have things arranged.

Regards,

Peter Hirsch