Re: [ARSCLIST] Disaster for two museum collections in LA

This is a very sad story but I am unclear as to what is going on  here.  I am
intimately involved with preserving 16mm, and various forms of  videotape
(VHS, Beta SP, Umatic, Digibeta, 1") by inexpensively digitizing them  into an
archive form for preservation and reproduction.  I am working with  Amazon.com
on this as a consultant and film maker.

Sound is an even easier process and certainly does not require a building  to
house.  I hate to see any original material being degraded or  destroyed.  Is
there anything that can be done here?

David Hoffman
_www.thehoffmancollection.com_ (http://www.thehoffmancollection.com)