Re: [ARSCLIST] Disaster for two museum collections in LA

In a message dated 4/20/2005 8:33:17 A.M. Pacific Daylight Time,
ArcLists@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx writes:

This  article was linked from the AMIA LIST and I thought some of you who
aren't  members of that list would be interested.

It requires free  registration, I believe.

I think DWP whose transformer caused the  problem should pay, but that's
just  me.

http://www.latimes.com/news/yahoo/la-me-hollywood19apr19,1,1883474.story?coll=
la-newsaol-headlines

It  also may be a case of over-reaction on the part of cleanup people, but
who  am I to say that?

Sadly,

Richard

Another aspect to this is that the Pacific Pioneer Broadcasters collection
has already been earmarked to be transferred to the Thousand Oaks Public
Library's American Radio Archives collection, which already houses the  collections
of Rudy Vallee, Norman Corwin, Frank Breseee, Fletcher  Markle, 8,000 scripts
from the CBS-KNX archive of live radio drama and much  more. The transfer of
the materials in the PPB collection requires a 13,000  square foot building to
be constructed and red tape/funding is holding it  up.

Cary Ginell  (who lives 3 miles from the T.O. Library)
Origin Jazz  Library
www.originjazz.com