Re: [ARSCLIST] Aries Records & Pseudonyms

Eric,

For anything about Brian, see:

http://www.havergalbrian.org/

It's SOMEWHERE on there, although the Brian Society does not acknowledge
the Aries Recordings, and these are considered illegal in the U.K. They
basically follow the first broadcasts of the works themselves, as Frank
Donovan picked them up on shortwave. The same strategy may well apply to
most of the other works issued on Aries as well.

I might be able to provide more information about them if you could
contact me off list.

David N. Lewis
Assistant Classical Editor, All Music Guide
1168 Oak Valley Dr.
Ann Arbor, MI 48108
734 887 8145

"I do not write experimental music. My experimenting is done before I make
the music. Afterwards, it is the listener who must experiment." - Edgar
Varèse