[ARSCLIST] Cataloging 10,500 LPs--private collection for donation

Folks,

I'm trying to help someone decide how to catalog a 10,500 disc LP
collection (mostly classical) in order to
1. Have a clear idea of the content of the collection
2. To have catalog records that could easily be imported into or
transformed into a MARC catalog (for purposes of donating portions of
the collection to various institutions that probably have MARC
catalogs).

I have searched the Web and come up with a plethora of cataoging
software--but haven't the time it would take to look at it all and sort
out what would be most useful.  I would like to provide my friend with a
list of options: from very complete records, to barebones records that
serve ID purposes.   Any helpful suggestions will be gratefully
received.

Thanks.

Joe

Joe Bartl