Re: [ARSCLIST] New CD Report NIST

This is M-O, a non-magnetic technology, not CD-Rs.

Steve Smolian

----- Original Message ----- From: "Rick Taylor" <rtaylor@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> To: <ARSCLIST@xxxxxxxxxxxx> Sent: Tuesday, December 14, 2004 9:42 AM Subject: Re: [ARSCLIST] New CD Report NIST

This report is available for download from the AES:  "AES35-2000 AES
standard
for audio preservation and restoration - Method for estimating life
expectancy
of magneto-optical (M-O) disks, based on effects of temperature and
relative
humidity."

http://www.aes.org/standards/b_pub/aes-standards-in-print.cfm

-- Rick Taylor Graduate Research Assistant DLSD - Audio Digitization Lab University of Texas Libraries The University of Texas at Austin

PCL 3.106  |  Mail Code S5471  |  PO Box P
Austin, TX 78712
Phone: 512-495-4439
rtaylor@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx  |  www.lib.utexas.edu

Quoting Steven Smolian <smolians@xxxxxxxxx>:

This is a question for Mr. Hartke:

Apart from your own report on CD testing, can you suggest a readily
available web source which discusses the same issues, preferably one
which
does not come from a professional testing service?

Steven Smolian