Re: [ARSCLIST] Highly unorthodox cleaning methods for LP's...

Does the record continue to sound so much better a week later?  I wonder if the improvement is due to a 'softer' surface from water absorption, or perhaps due to a reduction of surface electrical charge (static), rather than the cleaning effect?

Home Experiment:  Wash just 1/2 of the recording with 'Joy' (mark the half you wash) listen to it afterwards (digitally record it), and then a few weeks later listen/record when it is quite dry.  Compare the recordings.

   Ron Fial