Re: [ARSCLIST] Highly unorthodox cleaning methods for LP's...

Detergents serve as surfactants that aid in wetting, and aid soil removal by
other liquids. Alcohol is a solvent that can remove some organics. Either
can be effective, depending on the nature of the contaminant.

Photo shops sell professional grade surfactants that would not leave a film,
as Ivory Soap might. Also, be sure to use99+% pure isopropyl alcohol, not
rubbing or methyl or another (there are many alcohols).

Jerry
Media Sciences, Inc.