Re: [ARSCLIST] Highly unorthodox cleaning methods for LP's...

Good test Ron. I will give it a whirl.
Though as you can see from some of the responses
here (and off-list) I can tell you that the results
seem to be quite permanent from what I can tell.

I can also tell you that a light film that is quite
noticeable in the run-off groove prior to this
cleaning seems to disappear as well. This
is not static, this is an oily film that covers the
entire disc.

The surfactant effect seems to have a noticeable
and permanently salubrious effect on the playback
of vinyl, particularly I might add again, things that
are visually perfect and unplayed, old store stock,
etc...

This in no way obviates the need for the excellent
and highly thought out products sold by H. Duane Goldman
or machines like the Keith Monks, this is simply a record
cleaning folklore forum for the curious and experimental.

I have also removed quite a few bad skips by using hard-to-believe
manual methods.
The latest victory was with: second track on side 1
of Picanthropus Erectus by Charles Mingus original
Atlantic black label, 1956. This album with a skip
was worth half of what it is now worth without one.
The aesthetic value of hearing it straight through: priceless.

aa