Re: [ARSCLIST] Analog Masters

John,
The CD-24 discs created on a Masterlink are AIFF files that can be extracted
from the disc and read by any computer with the appropriate software
(Wavelab, Protools, sound Forge etc.).
The discs will not play in a standard CD player, but will play back on a
Masterlink (as will regular CDs). I don't know of any other standalone
players that will play back AIFF files.
While I find the Masterlink to be a very useful tool for high resolution
recording and archiving, the interface can be confusing for many civilians,
also the naming convention for the CD-24 discs not allow for very long file
names, which can be a drawback for archiving.
-Matt Sohn