Re: [ARSCLIST] Speed correction equipment.

Hello, Don,

I use my Studer A810s with varispeed option or my Sony APR-5003Vs that include
varispeed.

For cassettes, I have a Nakamichi MR-1 that has varispeed, though the
auto-azimuth option of the Dragons plus software speed correction in Samplitude
might be a better choice for many of the tapes.

Don't forget to do both time and pitch as in software these are independently
adjustable.

I will do what Mike said if it's predictible or sample at 88.2ks/s and be done
with it.

Don't forget, speed changes are often unpredictible and variable--especially on
reels and very especially on "rim-drive" reels, although cassettes can show
some bad speed problems as well.

For that, I use Diamond Cut 5's speed change "filter."

Good luck...oh and don't use a walkman. Other than the D6, I don't think any
cassette walkmen should be considered for cassettes, and I don't think the D6
(I think that's the number) is up to the Nakamichi products.

Cheers,

Richard
--

Richard L. Hess