Re: [ARSCLIST] Mystery Recordings

From: Patent Tactics, George Brock-Nannestad

Dismuke has provided all the information he had, and I have listened to the
real-audio bits. I am writing this to the whole community, because I think
that identification is a community matter. I note that the first inquiry in
this respect was filed on 22 December 2002.

The only one that I can presently provide a reasonable guess at is

Old Ironsides

The sound is like Comedian Harmonists about 1930, and the refrain in German
is "three musqueteers, three cavaliers", and it is in march tempo. Now their
discography shows:

Musketiermarsch, recorded 11 November 1929 and issued on Electrola EG1647.
Alas, my collection of their Electrolas only starts at EG1685 (I have some
Odeons, though), and the discography does not provide composer, etc.

I am absolutely certain that they have been reissued on CD. Hence this
additional information would enable you to dig further and also to get to the
complete recording.

Kind regards,

George

 The only information the notes that