[ARSCLIST] More on "Bolero"

I passed along the response here to my source, who replied:

Only part of the answer, I believe.

The Boléro, publsihed as being conducted by the composer, was allegedly
directed by the the Portuguese conductor Pedro de Freitas Branco.

I rather doubt that, in 1930, Ravel would be in condition to conduct
anything at all. His brain dysfunction, reason for the operation during
which he died, would prevent him from keeping time. Give instructions to a
conductor he certainly could, but I rather doubt the he could actually wield
the baton.

We are far from my area of expertise and I will not re-enter the fray.

Mike mrichter@xxxxxxx http://www.mrichter.com/