anything written about it ca 1900-1940.

many thanks

DS

----- Original Message -----
From: "David S Sager" <dsag@xxxxxxx>
> Can anyone site an article regarding any recording companies
recording
> speed(s) in 78rpm era trade journails (Talking Machine World, Voice
of
> Vic. etc)?
The difficulty would be that the speed companies advised their records
be played at, and the speeds they were recorded at, are generally NOT
the same. Claimed speeds can be found in record catalogs,
(in some cases) and phonograph instructions; however, actual speeds
often
vary. Sometimes this was done intentionally, for various reasons;
other
times it may have been due to equipment problems. As well, there are
often disagreements among collectors and data sources as to the actual
speed of certain records,