[ARSCLIST] Long-term/preservation audio

Dear list,

I'm sure this topic has been talked (flogged) about before...however I'm relatively new to the list so go ahead and hit the delete button!
My question is...Which audio formats are being used for Long term/preservation/archival. And which is the most desirable/recommended?

I have seen from reel to reel 1/4 tape to CDR, DVD, vinyl, MP3, DAT, etc

I would like to know your expert thoughts and why?

I thank you all for your time in this regard

Paul Tombleson
Director of Preservation
Bhaktivedanta Archives