[ARSCLIST] Turntable for "78" playback

Following the recent recommendations, I had been planning to buy a reference turntable, but being a private collector first and foremost, had a small budget precluding the purchase of (for example) a Garrard 501 or SME deck.

I was delighted to find a new product, made in Belgium, which is actually designed and sold as a DJ turntable - and thus has "pitch bend" and "reverse" controls. It has direct drive and to be honest the bearings are not the quietest in the world. BUT the deck has 78 speed, and up to +/- 30% continuous sped variation, a quartz speed lock, a simple antiskating dial (no silly weights) and seems well constructed.
The deck, which I bought last week, is the LIMIT DJ3500SE. I love it - nice and solid, not perfect by any means but the improvement in sound quality over my 10 year old Dual deck (using the same cartridge & stylus) was marked. It is available in the UK through Richer Sounds for a few pennies under £200 - I have no idea about US availability. I came across this by pure chance while looking for a CD Recorder!

Stephen Sutton
Director
Divine Art Record Company
8 The Beeches, East Harlsey,