[ARSCLIST] Material for museum of audio history

Dear ARSC Folks,

A recent visit to the Connecticut home of the widow of a reviewer and
collector of recordings and equipment has prompted this message. At
meetings and in publications related to ARSC and AES, I've heard and read
comments about the planning or development of a museum of audio history, to
collect and maintain examples from the past as such and as a source for
study and use of older or obsolete items. This lady's late husband knew Mr.
Briggs of Wharfdale fame and kept sets of equipment, much of it with
original boxes, booklets, and in some cases even sales and repair slips in
order to be able to play his 78's and early LP's on equipment designed for
them.

She would like her husband's equipment to go somewhere to be kept safe and
maintained and would be willing to donate some or all items to an
appropriate collection (but I doubt that she's willing to pay for
transport). Yale is not that place; HSR lacks the space and facilities to
become a museum of equipment.

The collection includes:

A stereo pair of sets of 3 Wharfdale speakers mounted two panels in the
wall of the house, the living room of which was built around them (I
couldn't get behind them to get model numbers)

A Thorens TD-124-II turntable with Shure SME 3009II arm, mounted in a
wooden cabinet with the Metzner

A Metzner Starlight variable-speed turntable, with Rek-O-Kut arm and
wood/metal arm (perhaps a Gray), with original papers and box stored in
basement -- tt & arms mounted in wooden cabinet with Thorens

A Rek-O-Kut Rondine turntable, unmounted in box

Crown IC-150 and D-150 preamp / power amplifier mounted in living room cabinet

Lafayette presumed loudspeaker in box marked 20-015 01 W

Rotel AM/FM stereo receiver with separate speaker, both boxed

Jensen PM 12B loudspeaker in box

Dynakit PAS-2 preamp and 70 stereo amp, built by the owner

Pair of speakers thought to be Wharfdales but boxed (couldn't see labels on
boxes or cabinets), ca. 4' high, ca. 2' x 3' plus a "mystery' speaker
cabinet (perhaps with speaker mounted), boxed

Various phono cartridges and styli from 78-rpm to stereo LP days, including
steel needles and sharpener, GE cartridge, etc.

Columbia Model 405 in original box

Garrard RC30A record changer mounted in woodencabinet, next to a 12-inch
single-play unmarked turntable with 78-rpm era arm, with presumed crystal
cartridge with set-screw needle housing

Would any who can help please let me know of institutions which might be interested in this equipment (or provide other suggestions, including that everyone who wants excellent examples of these items with original booklets surely has them already, and I should stop this pointless quest).

Thanks, Richard