Re: [ARSCLIST] Sony PR-150 squeal

On 13/05/03, Richard L. Hess wrote:
> Thanks folks for the replies. This is (as the title says) Sony PR-150
> and it doesn't appear to want to be baked. There is no deposit. It's
> behaving just like a 3M dictation cassette that The Last Factory
> lubricant ultimately addressed, but I had to reapply every 30-60
> seconds the tape was so hungry for lubricant.
>
> I just disassembled a lantern battery (the kind with four F-cells and
> spring terminals) and now have one very nice carbon rod that has been
> cleaned with a natural degreaser/degunker. Think of it as a 1/4-inch
> diameter pencil lead.

You can buy Graphite Sticks in art supply shops, which are solid rods of
graphite. This would save you the trouble of taking batteries apart.

For example
http://www.artstuff.net/graphite.htm

I have also seen graphite lubricant sticks on sale for engineers, but
your local art shop is probably easier to find.

Regards
--
Don Cox
doncox@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx