Re: [ARSCLIST] Sony PR-150 squeal

Thanks folks for the replies. This is (as the title says) Sony PR-150 and it doesn't appear to want to be baked. There is no deposit. It's behaving just like a 3M dictation cassette that The Last Factory lubricant ultimately addressed, but I had to reapply every 30-60 seconds the tape was so hungry for lubricant.

I just disassembled a lantern battery (the kind with four F-cells and spring terminals) and now have one very nice carbon rod that has been cleaned with a natural degreaser/degunker. Think of it as a 1/4-inch diameter pencil lead.

More later...

Cheers,

Richard