Re: CD track marking

I use Soundforge to split up tracks. WavLab is also good for this. You
just drop the markers, then cut and paste your tracks. I've never had a
problem with it. The inability to do this is CoolEdit is one its biggest
drawbacks. Usually I'll do all my sound processing in CoolEdit and then
do the final track splitting in Soundforge.

>>> akolovos@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx 01/15/03 01:27PM >>>
Folks,

I'm currently switching over from making listening copies of field
recordings on cassette to using CDs.  I wrote to the list a few months
ago
about suggestions for placing index points/tracks at intervals on the
disk,
and have decided to set them every five minutes.  The problem I'm
having
now is the program I using for sound processing--Cool Edit 2000--makes
it
extremely difficult to introduce track marks into a long WAV file for
burning.  Essentially you have to lay down a series of cue points,
merge
the cues, then save each cue range as an individual file.  Needless to
say,
when an interview is 120 minutes long, that's a lot of marking and
saving.
According to the help-people at Syntrillium, there is no way to script
the
process of laying cue points every 5 minutes and then saving the
individual
tracks after you mark them, nor is there a way to automate even the
process
of saving the merged cue ranges as individual files.  Does anyone out
there
have a suggestion for another (inexpensive) program I could use just
ready the audio for CD that isn't such a pain in the neck?  Cool Edit
2000
does pretty much everything else we need around here, and we're not in
position to make a large financial investment in audio software right
now.
If there isn't a program I can use just to ready the audio for CD,
then
what experience have others had preping audio for CD as I outlined
above
with other programs--Sound Forge, etc.?  I'm working on a PC, by the
way.

Thanks for you time--

andy
Andy Kolovos