Re: arsclist Antenna

At 01:31 PM 12/10/2002 -0600, Kurt Nauck wrote:
Hello all

I am just about finished with our building project. I get no radio reception in this place. It is a 6000 sq ft steel building. Any suggestions as to what sort of antenna I need to rectify this abysmal situation?

In a word: An external antenna.

For FM, check at Radio Shack or equivalent. You can use a (VHF) TV antenna since the FM band is in the space between channels 5 and 6. However, you may get away with just tacking a folded dipole outside and running twinlead to the receiver.

AM broadcast should come in with a simple chunk of wire, possibly just dropped out of a window. For shortwave, the story is much too complicated to address here.

Mike mrichter@xxxxxxx http://www.mrichter.com/